Monday, July 25, 2016

Storm knocked me off...

Logging on early again as a storm was approaching - I know because the dog started to go crazy and I took her out and sure enough a storm was right close. No sooner had I logged on when I was kicked off and the torrential rain started with lightening and thunder. The dog needed to be right under foot. It passed quickly.But there have been more and more frequent storms this past little while. I can take a storm but not the heavy rain.  I can hardly wait to see if new eave troughs will help.

Special greetings to Cathy and Jim today as you celebrate .....Happy Anniversary. 

There is a kitchen gadget to tell you about.  I love my bagel cutter. I thought when we first got it that it was fairly useless but since we have been shopping at Metro in Huntsville I have changed my mind. We buy the bags of bakery made mixed variety bagels that go on sale. This gadget has a slot where the bagel sits and then you place a pointed blade into the slot, press down and voila, cut bagel without danger to fingers. Just like a guillotine. Do you folks have one or seen one?
Glad to hear your weekend teaching gig is over and you get to relax. Sounds as if you really relaxed yesterday though - you deserved it Pati.  
Today I bake. I made a plum Kuchen to take to Mike yesterday. Harry got all excited thinking it was for us. When I boxed it up he was disappointed. So today he gets his fresh plum Kuchen. 
Time for another coffee, now that I don't have to pump as the rain has stopped and storm long gone.
Here's to another week.....take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment