Thursday, July 14, 2016

My story, and I'm stickin' to it!

We had a bit of an issue with my class last evening, as, late in the evening I got an e-mail from the lady who oversaw the organisation of the class.  In this she was reminding everyone in the class that the class would be Friday and Saturday, and the hours and what to bring. So I sent her a reply jokingly saying that I sure hoped it was next Friday and Saturday and not this week.  No response, so David and I worked like dogs this morning and finished the handouts and the sample pieces that I will need for my demonstrations.  As there was still no response, I sent her another e-mail, with a "cc" to all the students. One poor woman has left the group, but had registered for the workshop and planned to attend. She had been left out of the conversation completely, which I thought was a little rude.  About an hour later the "leader" sent an e-mail to everyone saying that she had meant to put the words next week in, but forgot.  Previous experience with this woman makes me wonder if she was actually confused about the dates, but I would never say that to anyone in the group, as they all think she's wonderful, and this pleases her.

So, with the day's planned activity done by lunch time, we went out. When I had the handouts printed, I left the originals in the copier at the store, so we went back to see if they had been found.  While I can print off about half of it, the other half involves hand drawn diagrams, and it would be a chore to re-do them.  She found the papers, all 22 sheets, in their recycle bin.  Thank Goodness.  We had also visited some of the local discount stores, such as Walmart, looking for a low bench that we could use in the laundry room.  No luck there.  So we decided to check out the local thrift stores, to see if I could find any bags or purses with handles that I might be able to re-purpose into something I could use with my hexies.  Not much out there, except circular plastic "bamboo" handles.  Remember them?  They were all the rage for awhile.  We visited three stores and, in the craft section, of one, found 1--yes one--wooden purse handle.  But in the last store we visited, we found a low table to use in the laundry room, a knitting "thing" that I hope to re-upholster with hexies, and maybe even use in the living room, and a plastic fork.

Many years ago we had a plastic fork. It was my favourite utensil for any number of jobs in the kitchen. We used it for years and both swore by its use, but one day it broke, and we've been trying to replace it every since.  I mean this has been a very serious, never ending task for us.  Well, we have one.  It will be seriously sterilized and used with pleasure.

Here's what I'm talking about.



No comments:

Post a Comment