Monday, June 19, 2017

A new week dawns with some relief...

Some relief from rain that is?  Nothing but rain and very heavy at times.  It was raining so hard yesterday morning that we decided to go to North Bay to shop rather than to Huntsville on Tuesday as is usual practice. The long range weather shows some promise for this coming week which will be more conducive for outside work.
At least I didn't have to do the watering - that's one good thing, as well as, the plants will thrive now.
Our weekend was fun - going to Mike and Erin on Saturday.  Had a lovely visit and then tasty lunch together. It was raining there as well but did not dampen the time for us- stayed inside.
Do not know what this week will bring forth for me here, but here's to a good week for all of us. Take care folks, and try to enjoy some outside sun if you can?
ps years ago Harry bought a log about two or three feet long that had been injected with spores and was supposed to produce shiitake mushrooms.  it failed and was left outside beside a tree. This must have been at least six years ago.  Last week I happen to notice something and on closer observation, I'll be darned if there are not three mushrooms growing out of some of the bored holes.  I trust they are shiitake as they look like them but I do not want to try to eat them.  But what a strange thing to happen just out of the blue.  I had been tempted to burn the darn thing long ago in the fire (if I cut it up that is) I will continue to monitor the log and who knows, maybe we'll have some mushrooms to eat? Have you folks ever eaten these mushrooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment