Thursday, June 29, 2017

Not a Boring day around here

We saw the neurologist this morning and he explained finding a bit of focal activity on the EEG, for which he prescribed a new medication.  When we went to get the prescription filled , the pharmacist wasn't able to fill it, because of significant negative interactions between the new drug and one of the other drugs David takes.  She sent a fax to the neurologist and told David to phone him, as she wasn't sure how quickly he might get the fax.  I left a message on his voice mail, and we later got a call from a woman acknowledging the message and receipt of the fax, saying that she would bring it to the doctor's attention and someone would call us back about it.

We also tried to buy a new microwave, but the one we wanted was out of stock in Walmart, and not available anywhere else.  David couldn't find anything else he liked, so we decided to wait until next week, when Walmart may get a new shipment in.

I did manage to get a couple of yards of clear vinyl at Fabricland, on sale at 50% off. I used the last of my vinyl on the big hanging I'm currently working on.

My hands and nails were in pretty bad shape after my painting and dyeing earlier in the week, and I had been thinking it would be nice if I could have them done. Going through my sketch book I found a list of my five year goals inside the back cover.  These were a couple of years old, and I was surprised at how well I had been following the plans.  Most of them were health related, and one referred to trying to keep my nails in good shape, by increasing the attention I have been paying to them, and I have been doing that--as far as my own abilities allow.  So I decided to indulge in a manicure, and went to the inexpensive place in the little mall across the street.  I was stunned at how busy they were, with 7 workers, working full out.  While I was getting my manicure, 7-8 more people walked in, and were accommodated.  I noticed one woman waiting while her polish dried after a pedicure and her nails were cut the way I had wanted mine cut.  There is a huge language barrier here, but I tried to ask f they could do it, and was told yes.  I haven't been back there since my pedicure last fall, because they hadn't done it the way I wanted, despite my asking, probably because of that language barrier. I went home and told David that I wanted to do it, and then headed back.  'Tis done, and I'm thrilled.  I can't afford it too often, but, at least, I know I can get it done there when I do have a bit extra.

They are still working on the roof next door.  Just before supper, we had a serious thunder storm.  Very loud thunder and driving rain.  Too bad about the roof,  More is predicted over night.  As of this afternoon, our street is closed, with no exit at the South end.  We don't know what is going on, but judging from the huge trucks going by (and then backing down the length of the street to get out), we figure it must be some sort of sewer repair.  Since the sewer was fully replaced at that end of the street last summer, it raises some questions, but who are we to question anything the government does--we didn't vote for them.

Okay!  Enough time for a poker tournament before bed.  I have made money both of the last two evenings, despite losing all but one tournament each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment