Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Homebodies

Spent most of the day working on my charity quilts, and now have them all quilted, and all but one bound.  The first four are not my best work, but acceptable for the purpose.  The fifth one has turned out very nicely, and I'm thinking of keeping it for the craft sale in September.  If I could get $50.00 for it, the "jelly roll" I bought and used for the tote bags and center section of this quilt, would be paid for. 

My friend Rose Anne dropped in for a couple of minutes to pick up a shopping bag full of scrap fabric strips that I had promised her.  She had planned to take it to a friend of hers in Kenora, who makes lots and lots of quilts with such strips, and pieces them all by hand.  (Go figure?!)  However, I got an e-mail this evening saying that she's going to make a tote bag for herself out of them, before passing the rest on.  Why not?   Of course, I could have done that, if I'd thought of it, and taken it to the craft sale, myself.

We did get out to do a little grocery shopping ( Little?  The bill was almost $80.00!)  I brought home a coffee, and again, sat in the yard to drink it.  I've really been enjoying these small pieces of quiet-ness.  I take a book, but seem to spend more time just sitting and enjoying the peace.  I've been so busy in the studio lately, that this is quite often the only few minutes of peace I get in the day.  For that quiet time, I an thankful.  I am also thankful today, for David spending some time on the floors, washing the kitchen and bathroom, and vacuuming the rest.

Other than my routine, every-two-years mammogram, we have no plans for tomorrow, so I guess it will be more of the above.  Except, rather than working on charity quilts, I'll be starting to gather items for a sort of "garage sale" being held at the local quilt guild meeting on the 22nd.  They have been ding this at the June meeting for years, and it's  really good opportunity to pass along still usable items, and make a couple of bucks at the same time.  I have often sold some of my hand dyed fabric, and this year, plan to take some of the beads that I know I won't use in future.  I also have some bags of thread from the stash.  My collection is really getting out of hand, and maybe this will help.  We'll see.

But now almost bed time.  It's cooler today, but not unpleasant, so maybe it will be easier to sleep.  Here's hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment