Thursday, June 8, 2017

No recipe

Pasta salad has never been part of our diet.  Don't know why not--just hasn't been.

Not generally a a good day for me, today. First of all, my curing iron bit the dust.  Gosh, you'd think that something I paid almost $20 for would last more than 20 years, but I guess not. Had my mammogram this afternoon.  We got there a little early, and I was glad, as they took me straight in, but by the time I was leaving there were fairly long line-ups.  I had a bit of a giggle, as their robes, as are specially made for them, as a donation from some clothing company, and they're coloured coded for size.  This year I graduated down a colour.  But having the procedure is never really a pleasure.  I only have to have one more, in 2 years, before I age out of the program.

Otherwise today was a big series of "dropsies".  All morning in the studio, then at the coffee shop this afternoon.  My extra large coffee got sprayed all over their serving area.  The problem is that the paper cup collapses if you don't just grab it right.  But what a mess!

Then David announced that I was retiring my coffee cuff.  He's right.  It is getting too old and soft to support the paper cup correctly.  So tomorrow I'll go in with a new cuff, and a very good tip.  Then, after I got home, and back into the studio, more disasters.

But all the charity quilts are now finished, and my studio is back into the best arrangement of furniture.  I had re-arranged things to provide a better system for machine quilting, but don't need it any more.

Now I've just been kicked out of three poker tournaments, so maybe it's time to sit and vegetate while listening to Celtic Thunder on PBS. 

Sleep well, ladies, or a well as you can in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment