Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Thoughts on Sears possibly (?) closing

Before Sears became the news, I had thought that maybe this might be the place to look at for clothes, now that I've almost "sized out" of Pennington's.  Then, with the news, I decided to take a look today.  Well, the store was much busier than we've seen it over the past months, but mainly with people my age or better.  The place was full of racks of clothes on "clearance", almost as though they were anticipating a busy day. But the clothes were all for old ladies, and all a bit "tarty", but still for old ladies.  


When I worked, I bought a lot of my clothes at Sears, especially the Alia line from Nygard.  No sign of it.  No sign of any other line I recognized, but a heck of a lot of clothes made in India or Bangladesh. So, no known brands, and, really, no recognizable quality. No wonder they're having problems.  I tried on a couple of things, and looked at a few others, and could see absolutely no consistency with reference to sizes.  I ended up buying two over blouses.  Got them home and prepared to wash them, only to  discover that the XL one didn't even go over my shoulders, but the L one fits nicely.  I hadn't tried on the XL, figuring if it was bigger than the one that fit, there should be no problem.  So, back it goes.  Even Walmart has better consistency than that.

Overall, I don't think we'll be going back, after returning the one blouse, that is.

And, my computer is fine.  I hadn't done any damage with my exploration.  The "Geek", ( Chris, the one who has looked after our stuff for years), told me that the McAfee program, that came with the new hard drive, had been causing problems; he even had a difficult time uninstalling it.  It had only been on a one month trial, and I had not bought an upgrade, since I had Norton, which was working fine.  The problems came with the McAfee not being uninstalled, when the trial period ended.

So I can now go back to spending my evenings playing either Candy Crush or poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment