Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pay Day

has come and gone.  That quickly.  I must have missed it, as my bank account is no better off than it was a couple of days ago.  But we have food in the house again.  I had let some things go as I plan to re-start my new eating regimen on Saturday, although my weight has been stable for the past 6 weeks, and I have indulged myself a little more than necessary.  As always, what we put out for food and medication blows me away. Today, we had to go into Walmart for some small thing, and David suggested we check the price of soft drinks while we were there. We found several things, that were on our shopping list, and ended up spending over $100.00, but you sure have to know your prices, as I found several things more expensive there than either Superstore or Sobey's

Pancake mix.  I, too, used to swear by made-from-scratch, until I found Coyote Pancake mix.  Now I never use anything else. It comes in a couple of flavours, but I only use the "original".  However, the "buttermilk", I think it is, is not bad at all.  Not that we're using a lot of it these days, but every once in awhile David makes himself a pancake for lunch.

Poulin's didn't show up again today, but that was probably because of the rain--yet again.  Tomorrow we power cook, spaghetti sauce.  With the slow cookers it shouldn't take long.  Good!  More studio time for me.  I'm still doing the preparation work for my next large hanging--a picture of the old summer kitchen (shed), at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment