Thursday, June 15, 2017

Different sort of day

The neighbour Ruth phoned to see if I could come over and show her how to use a new dehydrator to dry parsley. I went over at 11 o'clock. Prior to that I spent two hours cleaning the fridge.  It was time to clean but yesterday I spilled a new bag of milk so there was no procrastination allowed. But I did a really thorough cleaning including taking out all the shelves and glass and cleaning it all and then sorting through food items and turfing what i could to make more room. I hate a full fridge and ours always seems to accumulate.
Back to the visit to Ruths. We got her dehydrator going nicely and then had a coffee and some pound cake as a snack while talking a bit.  Then she offered to show me her house.  I shall never know why some feel it necessary to show the house, but off we went. We went room to room and I saw the bathroom, and the spare bedroom and their bedroom and then into the front room and off to the side was their shrine. They are Buddist and have a very elaborate shrine in place. I knew this of them and had previously done some research of the practice for my own sake so that I would understand it. But she gave me a book to read, and then her husband came home and saw us there and joked to me "So are you going to be a Buddist?"  Then we went downstairs to a very nice rec room and walls of full book shelves. She has a fabulous Library and wouldn't I have loved to have a better look at all her books.
I came back home and was a bit upset at seeing an absolutely gorgeous and immaculate home and then thinking about my own current situation with my place. I had to laugh to myself thinking of me showing off my house. What a hoot!  I guess laughing takes the sting off of it for me? 
We called Mike after supper and sang Happy Birthday to him.  The plan now is for us to visit them on Saturday. So tomorrow I shall be busy making the cake and getting the rest of the meal ready.  I look forward to doing this and to my visit. I also wrapped up a few little things today for him to open on Saturday. 
So off to bed it is now, and a little reading. Take care folks.  Nice to hear that you are back to your computer and access to games Pati.  Do you two consult at all on the Candy Crush game - maybe strategies etc. It's nice that you have that in common as I don't do anything like that on the computer. Bye for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment