Saturday, June 24, 2017

A quiet day at home

Mainly because it rained off and on most of the day.  With all the rain recently, it has been cooler lately, not just at night but during the day as well.  We've been turning the furnace on in the morning to warm the house up for the day, but we still end up wearing sweaters or jackets in the house for most of the day.

We both need haircuts, so I phoned to see if I could get a "first thing in the morning" appointment, so that there wouldn't be too much fragrance in the air for David.  I had been hoping for later next week, but it turned out that the best they could do was 10:00 am tomorrow.  Say what!  Okay, we'll be there.

Later in the day, I still plan to try to get to the lecture at the small local gallery, that I mentioned in my last post.  I had been sure that I had heard of the architect it will be about, on one of the blogs that I read regularly.  Spent some time searching a couple of them , going back a couple of years, but couldn't find it.  I wish I could tell you who the lecture is about, but I just remember a famous Austrian architect, whose work has influenced many other artists.  Guess I'll figure it out tomorrow afternoon.

I finished the small piece that the ladies told me was worth finishing, and I'm pleased with it, but will have to wait to post a picture tomorrow.  Having just finished watching two episodes of "The Dead Files", I now get to go to bed and hope for pleasant dreams.  Snort!

No comments:

Post a Comment