Thursday, June 1, 2017

June the First

There is something about the first day of June that impresses me. Maybe the idea that Summer is actually coming? I don't know what it is, but I love the first of June.  So happy June 1st to you both!
Now having said that, I must also acknowledge that the temperature is going down to 4 degrees tonight - normally don't have to worry about that but lately one never knows. We are inside today - don't plan to work outside because it is very windy and cold. And periodically it will splatter with rain, and then the sun will shine - just to tease you.
I am cutting large pieces of paper into 8 1/2 by 11 sheets to use as printer papers. Somewhere along the line Harry brought home a huge box of this 11 by 16 inch paper and since we were starting to run out of printer paper I thought I'd use it. We have a large heavy duty paper cutter somewhere - it may even be in the storage shed as I cannot lay my hands on it, so I am using my quilting cutting Olfa board and cutter - long slow process but I'll get it done gradually.
Today I bought myself a Tim Hortons coffee. We went to Burk's Falls to buy plants and since Tims is right across the street from the store, I decided to treat myself. So often we will go there and I don't mention it as an option and Harry will never offer either, but today I choose to go! A treat for me......there will never be a Starbucks anywhere close to us Pati, so I don't really know what that experience would be like, but I will gladly take a dark Roast large Tim Hortons coffee!
I cut rhubarb this morning for the first time - it is really growing nicely. Made some stewed for myself, and Harry wanted rhubarb pancakes which I made for lunch.  Mike loves a recipe I make for Rhubarb Crumble - I make it and Rhubarb Lattice pie usually for him for his Birthday. This year, since he is on a new regime I will only make the crumble but I bought a bag of Splenda to use as the sugar. Erin uses this now for him in baking and for his coffee. Well, a bag of this is very expensive and especially when I shall only use a portion of it. Do I keep it for another treat, or do I give it to them to use up?   I'll have to decide after I make the recipe substituting the Splenda for the sugar. Hope it turns out.
Well, back to my paper cutting as it is still miserable looking outside.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment