Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ready for visitors

This means that we don't dare do too much in case we mess things up!  lol  I downloaded an e-book, and printed it off, then decided to put it in a loose leaf.  Well, didn't I move the hole punch from the computer room to the studio, spilling little round circles of white paper all over the rug that had just been vacuumed.

Having cleaned that I up, I decided to sit and quietly play poker.  While doing that, I put on another of the cd's that I wanted to check out.  I have no idea where I got it, but the title is "Classics in the Movies, vol 1"  Well, it was wonderful!  I sure don't want to get rid of this one.  Everything from Mozart, to Puccini, to Wagner.  And all of it fairly familiar music, that I have enjoyed in the past.

Rain all day, and in the past hour a fairly severe thunder storm.  Yesterday was cooler and occasionally rainy, and we're promised more tomorrow.  No sitting outside today, but maybe I won't have to wash off my outdoor table tomorrow.  

My friend, Gail, dropped in yesterday, and we're made tentative plans to go to the Art Gallery to see the Picasso exhibit.  There is a member of my art group who does tours there, and she has arranged for members of the art group to have a private tour next Tuesday afternoon. My membership is good until Sept 30, so I may as well get some benefit from it!  I am a little concerned about the amount of walking and standing that I would have to do, so am thinking of taking my walker.  I don't need it to walk, but it would give me somewhere to sit, if I should need to.  Gail and I talked about it, and she's willing to do it that way.  She's a little concerned about how little outside social stimulation I experience, and has also suggested that, if she can get into town Friday afternoon, we go to a local gallery to see another exhibit of work by the gal who has offered the tour at the art gallery.  We both know her, and admire her work.

I mentioned the problems with the ants and aphids to Gail, in conversation, and she shared an experience she had as a university student.  She got herself a summer job in a research project at the University--hold your breath--breeding aphids.  They were needed in research trying to identify aphid resistant varieties of barley.  We had a good chuckle about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment