Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1st here too

And a truly beautiful one it is.  This is the first really nice day we've had--29 degrees, and very little wind, just enough that I thought about basting hexies outside but decided not to.  In way of celebration, we took a load of too large clothes to the thrift store, on my way for my coffee.  Yesterday, I planned to go to Tim's for Camp Day instead of my usual Starbuck's, while we were at St. Boniface Hospital ( a nothing visit.  We were told that there is probably nothing to worry about, based on the CAT scan David had a few weeks ago.)  We were about 45 minutes early for our appointment, and I figured I had lots of time to drink coffee. So off I trotted toward the Tim's in the main atrium, only to discover that it's now a Robin's Donut Store. Bought a coffee anyway.  And  David was called in while I was gone!  Interesting adventure trying to find him in the "rabbit warren" of examining rooms.

On our way home, we stopped at Walmart to buy an alarm clock.  Now you know the saga of our stupid alarm clocks.  Yes, plural clocks--there we two of them.  The one finally died and we were both quite happy to replace it with a different one.  So we get this sucker home, and I go to set the time on it.  We-l-l-l!  First I had to set a button for the time zone we are in, then I had to set, one at a time, the year, month, and day.  Only then could I start to figure out how to set the time.  Thinking about it this morning, I realized that I had probably set it for am rather than pm. and would probably have to go through the whole routine again, but a pleasant surprise--it was right.  I'm guessing that the clock figured it out all by itself.  Smart clock.  So tomorrow morning we find out if the alarm works and it it can be shut off.

Tomorrow morning the fellow is coming to install the final drawer in our kitchen cupboards.  It's been a long haul, but hopefully it's over.

Cathy, I was thinking about your plans to buy underwear.  May I suggest you choose black.  At our age they can cover a lot of sins.  "Nuff said.  Although I have to say that just mentioning it made me remember Mom talking about the day her panties fell off while she was walking down Portage Ave.  She always told the tale with a finish about how she just stepped out of them, picked them up and put them in her purse, while hardly breaking her stride.  May we never know how that would make us feel.

May tomorrow be as nice as today--for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment