Saturday, June 3, 2017

Up and out

Got up a little earlier than usual, with the heat. Just in time for church across the street to open their yard sale.  A couple of years ago I found a small juice glass there, that is just a perfect size for my pill taking, and I hoped to find another today.  What we found was a round, collapsible, social-type table.  Arborite covered and in pretty good shape--for $10.00!  While David rolled it home, I found a plaster medallion for a ceiling light.  I have used this type of thing in the past to create bas-relief fabric paintings, and plan to try the technique again  tomorrow--on my new work table.  Once the table was home, David wanted to go back as they had signs saying that there was more in the basement.  Well, I found two small juice glasses, and grabbed them, and then a pretty blue spoon rest, as well as a large heavy duty embroidery hoop.  I had given mine away a few years back and regretted it.  We also found fresh-out-of-the-oven cinnamon buns for individual sale.  Guess what we had for breakfast. Later we went back for the first of my two yearly hot dogs.  Planned that awhile ago.

Otherwise a busy day in the studio.  We got the AC going, finally.  I've been finishing up the charity quilts I put together last month, and have 3 out of 5 finished, in the past two days.  Tired, and my back and shoulders are sore, but there's a feeling of satisfaction in getting that far.  Looking for ideas, I got a bunch of my books out and spent my coffee breaks reading them, yesterday and today.  Some good ideas--another reason for the painting planned for tomorrow.

Monday, we have out yearly hearing re-assessment.  I know she's going to tell me that I need another hearing aid, and I know she's right.  Might be okay, except David decided today not to buy any more lottery tickets.  We have won nothing since the beginning of the year, so he must have a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment