Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sunday Morning "coming down"...

...The rain that is... just sitting here watching the rain pour down. OK, it might be good for the garden although how much watering does it really need? We were able to do a bit outside yesterday but it was overcast and cool. I got my jam made yesterday and this time I used a package of strawberry and a package of raspberry jello and it made a difference in the taste. I tried a bit on toast this morning. What do you folks use?
The LCBO is apparently going on strike at midnight tonight.Now, this doesn't really affect me except on occasion I like a drink of whiskey over ice. So I am wondering if I shouldn't maybe slip into the local store and buy a bottle to have on hand.  Harry is OK because although we most often buy his beer at the LCBO here in Sundridge, we can drive to South River to the Beer Store for it. They won't be on strike even if the LCBO does.  I just laughed to myself to think that if this were my only worry in life, wouldn't life be grand haha !
Harry requested pancakes for lunch today and I decided to go for scratch from my recipe box. I think it actually is one from you Pati although I haven't written "Pati" at the top as I usually do to identify the source. I have used Pancake mix in the past, and last time used "bisquit mix" which was just terrible - don't ever use this.
My poor kitten wants to go out so badly - he loves to be in his cage during the day (when the days are nice that is). He sits at the door and whines.....
Well, I shall go and continue with some inside work now as it seems obvious there shall be nothing done outside today.  Thinking of you folks - Pati off to a lecture, and what is Cathy doing?  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment