Monday, June 19, 2017

More quiet times

But I have been productive as far as the studio goes.  I've just about finished a piece that has been in the works for several months, and the next piece is percolating in my mind.

A colder day today, but fairly nice if you could get out of the wind, and our little patio is somewhat sheltered.  I sat there this afternoon to drink my coffee and read.  I could see the wind blowing the trees around, but it didn't bother me at all. However, I did see a bunch of ants, so we called Poulin's, and are waiting for a return call.  I know they would have come back if we had called within two weeks, but it's getting close to three weeks, so we'll have to see.  However, I think I'm willing to pay again to get rid of the damn things.  I can't sit out there with them crawling all over the table, chair and me.

Beth, what a strange thing about the mushrooms, but I guess everything must be right for the spores to grow.  Maybe the cooler,  damp weather is coming into play.  We have a crop of some lovely mushrooms growing in our front flower garden, where they've never been before, and you're right, I have no plans to eat them!

I think I mentioned searching for a cd of pictures Loren had taken at the lake ( or maybe I hadn't--lol)  As part of that, I had pulled out some cd's that I hadn't listened to for awhile, and decided to check them out.  Well, I think there was a reason I hadn't been listening to them, and now a few of them are going to be disposed of, not because I don't like the music, but because they appear to be damaged, and skip a lot. Unfortunately, one of those to go is my Gordon Lightfoot cd.  I'll miss that one.

This week my fibre art group will be meeting here, Wednesday evening, and then the quilt guild "garage sale" is Thursday evening, So we'll be busy getting ready for both of those.  I don't expect to make any money at the "garage sale", but hope to get rid of more "stuff".  Wish me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment