Friday, June 23, 2017

Rain, rain and more rain

Yes, we have rain!  Last night was an all nighter for me - with having to take the dog out every few hours, and with shoveling water at the front and finally having had enough, I was out in the rain with a small flashlight in my mouth to set up a water detour from the eavestrough to bypass the barrels and out onto the lawn.  The problem was that the barrels were full and as more rain came, it overflowed to the sidewalk and meandered ( read this as thundered down the sidewalk in torrents) down to the front of the house and of course, accumulated there.
So it was inside work today. I made a rhubarb kuchen and have all the ingredients ready to make another batch of jam tomorrow.  This will just about finish off the rhubarb in the yard. 
So, I was curious to see how Winnipeg made out with Sears closures. Apparently, as read in the WFP just now,  only Garden City was affected but even that is enough. The North Bay store is to remain open - at least for now.  I feel as if I should rush up there and buy something haha!
So Pati, did you attend the Art Show today? I think it is a grand idea for you to start to attend events and as Gail tells you, to expand your social activities. How do you feel about this?
Have a nice weekend folks - what are your plans? ps two budgie eggs now laid! Yippee. take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment