Friday, June 23, 2017

Art shows and garage sales

The garage sale last evening was so-so.  I sold some thread, so it wasn't a waste of time, but the meeting went on and on.  Usually these meetings end between 8:45 and 9:15.  Well, it was only half over at 9:00, so I packed up my stuff and left.  

With wind, cold and rain, Poulin's didn't show up today.  No phone call or anything.  We'll wait and see what happens, but if we don't hear, I'll call them on Tuesday. I didn't sleep well last night, and was sort of out of it today, so forgot about going to the art show with Gail.  But she phoned and we managed to get together. While we were in the gallery, the owner invited us to a free lecture on Sunday afternoon, so we're both going to try to make it.

The Fibre Art ladies had a good discussion at their meeting Wednesday evening.  They were quite supportive of small pieces I've been playing with.  This has convinced me to put a little more effort into them, and enter them in the show in November.  I've also started planning a larger piece, so expect to be busy in the studio for the next while.

We picked rhubarb yesterday, and now have enough for three batches of jam.  I'll pick up the ingredients when we shop on Wednesday.  This means a day devoted to making jam, but it'll be time well spent.

Now time for a shower, and early to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment