Sunday, June 11, 2017

It must have been the weather

This morning I signed in first try.  I am supposed to be on my way to a meeting in Gimli right now, but I cancelled out yesterday.  Jim's sister Glenda is in Neepawa for a surprise visit.  (Surprise to Jim... Jean knew)  Even though we couldn't get a straight answer from either of them we invited them over for supper tonight.  Whether they come or not we are having kabobs.  I am actually glad I had a reason to cancel.  We had a three day Kaizen Blitz at work last week.  Kaizen is a Japanese term meaning (loosely) "continuous improvement"  It is a very mentally intense session of analyzing your work processes and then figuring out how to improve them.   We cut my day down from 315 minutes (that is stuff I have to get done. It doesn't include interruptions.)  to 314 😊 but I wasn't the main focus of the event.  We have only 3 people when other offices have 4, but we are expected to do the same work.  This event organized our day so that we can accomplish this.  We are busier than the other offices but, on paper, we can do this.  One job we cut down from about 247 minutes to 96.  Instead of one person registering and one  person examining and the two of them sharing  all the clerical/administrative work, We have one registering in the morning, one doing all the clerical in the morning and both examining in the afternoon.  they only have to share the phone and counter duties in the afternoon. We start next week.  It will be interesting. Everyday I was coming home so exhausted I didn't even want supper.  I had a bit of meatloaf on Wednesday and didn't even eat on Thursday & Friday.  Of course we did get lunch brought in each day, so I ate well.  We just didn't really get to leave the office except for a couple of minutes each day to go outside and walk around a bit.  Needless to say I really need this weekend to recover. So what am I doing getting supper for company?  We finally got some rain yesterday.  Only 1/2 inch, but the forecast is for more this week.  We really need it. I sure wish we could come and have coffee with you Beth.  I can just see the three of us sitting and talking......... One day soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment