Saturday, June 10, 2017

Back into a mess

 Yesterday morning we had a discussion about my desire for a new tea infuser, as the two I have are both broken, and both have developed a dark "patina" that bothers David. I also remembered that I could use my Starbucks card at Teavana, the only local store that I knew carried them. So off we went to Starbucks, where the same woman was on duty as yesterday, when I left the store in a mess.  I apologized, left  bill in the TIP jar, confirmed that the card was okay for Teavana, loaded the card, and when they asked for my new cuff, showed it to them, but then said I didn't want any coffee, because I was off to the tea store, but might be back later.  Maybe I should have been wearing my red outfit.

At Teavana, she very much wanted to sell me a special offer they had, an infuser, a measuring spoon, a tin to hold my tea, and a bag of "Belgian rock Sugar", all for $30.00, according to the sign.  I gently told her I just wanted the tea infuser for $24.95.  Then I thought I saw a bulb light up over her head.  "oh, no!"  She had a coupon that would give me the whole shebang for $20.00.  So I came home with the whole lot, for less than what it would have cost me for the infuser alone. I have no clue what to do with a bag of "Belgian Rock Sugar".  Maybe I should pop it on the bus, Beth?

We stopped for coffee on our way home, which I was able to drink outside before the rain came.  It's still wet, and should remain so over the weekend, but I'm told it's badly needed. At least things have cooled off a bit.

Spent yesterday afternoon going through my beads, and packaging some I don't need, for the sale at the local quilt guild, later in the month.  Right after supper, my friend Gail dropped in the deliver the pendant she made for me from Mom's silver, as part of the deal, when I sold it to her.  We went for coffee, and she came in on the way home to look over the beads.  Took 19 of the bags home with her, after insisting on paying me for them.  I hadn't priced them, so asked for 1/2  the amount I planned, and now have enough to pay for my next cup of coffee.

Today, I'll finish bagging the rest of the beads, and then play with the thread that finally arrived in the mail yesterday.  I've been waiting almost a month for it, as one of the colours had been out of stock when I first placed my order. Unfortunately, David saw and questioned what I paid for it,  but the colours are perfect.  Now I need to do well at that sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment