Friday, October 19, 2018

A busy week

I'm so glad you went, Beth.  It can be scary walking into a strange group.  But the pay-offs may prove much more than anyone usually expects.

Wednesday was the meeting of the local quilters' guild.  I went, mainly, because I had told a friend that I would, but then she wasn't there!  I hope she is okay, as she is quite elderly and lives alone, although she has family in the city.  But several new ladies sat at my table, and we has a nice sociable time.

Thursday, David had a doctor's appointment.  Quickly in and quickly out, with no actions suggested. A total waste of time and parking money, in my opinion.  But I had an early meeting, on the other side of the city, so we had supper very early, at A&W. More coupons.  We both tried the Chubby Chicken Burger.  Not too bad,  I would certainly eat it again.  I'm not sure David was as impressed with his.

The meeting was the first Annual General Meeting of a new organization, and not very many people showed up.  Unfortunate.  But a good meeting, none-the-less.

Today there was a workshop with the same group.  This was on using a product called "Fosshape".  This looks and feels like normal polyester batting, but after quilting it can be shaped into vessels, or sculptures, and heated.  Magically, it turns firm, and holds the shape.  My big machine is still in the shop, so I had to take the old Pfaff.  Unfortunately, it decided to act up.  Very, very frustrating.  But I did manage to finish the piece, and practice shaping it with an iron.  (You can also use a heat gun)  I'm now at the stage of hand stitching some embellishments on, and will post a picture once that's finished.

Tomorrow, we're off to Pinawa to pick up the pieces I have in the gallery there.  My two friends, who had shared the space with me, picked up theirs yesterday, so I didn't really have any choice.

Then, I think I'll be spending Sunday catching up with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment