Thursday, October 4, 2018

Say it isn't so...please, no snow!

What a shock! I can imagine what you were thinking, Cathy. And i saw that there were flurries in Winnipeg as well. I cannot imagine myself and what i would do if it were to snow here right now.  We did get another thunderstorm last night though and lots of rain. In spite of my setting up the downspout at the side of the house to divert the water, for some reason it filled up under the window and I had to pump anyway.
I just made a baked pie shell to put the pumpkin chiffon filling in tomorrow - what a disaster. The pastry tastes nice and fluffy but the shell looks like I threw it on the floor and then threw it as is into the pie plate to bake. Only thing that will save me is that the filling will cover it mostly and then I made little hearts from leftover pastry to decorate around the edge and of course whipping cream will go on top when I serve it at Mikes. Too much to do I guess and when that happens one seems to always be faced with disasters, right?
Speaking of too much to do, Ruth from across the street called yesterday first to ask why I haven't visited "Are you mad at me?" she asked.  Then to ask if I could look after the rabbits this weekend as they are going to her sons in Collingwood for Thanksgiving. Sure I said to myself .....why not! haha! I'll go over tomorrow morning to watch her do it again although I think I can do it just fine from having done it last fall for 12 days when they flew to Kelowna for Thanksgiving to her daughters.
Well I guess I better get on with it. Have lots to do right now, including more tomato juice, and then find a pan to fit this huge turkey we picked up last evening. It's 10.7 Kg which works out to be about 23.5 lbs.- never had one quite so big for a long time.
Also would like to go outside for a bit as it is warmer today and sunny.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment