Thursday, October 18, 2018

Finally got outside...

Even though it is hovering around freezing the sun was shining and I finally got outside this afternoon to do some work. Not near enough, but at this point anything done is a gain haha!
Well this morning I went to the Seniors Quilting Group - walked into the room and said "May I come in and join you" and much to my surprise was welcomed warmly. First hurdle over. A few introductions were made which eluded me - there were seven other ladies plus me there - but I am sure to catch on over the next while. I had my owl bag with my supplies and one lady came over and said "so what is in the bag" - they are anxious to see what each is doing or bringing - a sort of show and tell I guess. Everyone just busied themselves with what ever, after the general show, with four of the ladies sitting at the large frame quilting the quilt on it. So I sat and started my hexis basting and one or other gradually came over to see the unfinished quilt which i had also brought. We had coffee and chat and then more work, and then they put the tea kettle on for another break about 1 pm but by then i was ready to leave so I bid them farewell and that I would be back next Thursday.  They meet Tuesday and Thursday but since Tuesday has been a regular day for us to go shopping I just told them I had a prior commitment for Tuesdays. They have a sewing machine that belongs to the group - bought with grant funding - that stays there. One lady today was using it to sew binding to a beautiful dresden plate cover. And they have made 30 applique squares that they will be putting together into two quilts at some time - they were similar to a Sunbonnet Sue like figure but were International specific squares and each was appliqued with the country's most notable apparel or other attached items eg Scotland was dressed in a kilt; and Ireland had a large shamrock Very nice. I will go again but I do not know how long I will get away with only basting hexis haha!  I will have to think of other things I could take to work on ...oh no!  But I did it and I am proud I did not back out - it would have been easy just to not go.
Time for a nice warm nighty night tea to take the chill off, and then think about bed and reading. Hope your days are going OK , both of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment