Sunday, October 21, 2018

Here it comes...

Snow on the ground this morning - the dog did not like it much when I took him for his early morning outing. This is our first taste of snow so we have actually been lucky. But that does not mean a thing when the outside is not ready. I wonder how much I should be worried about this - I cannot do much about it really. I hope to get out this morning and gather up the snow removal tools and bring them all around to the front. And i should really find some boots. i went out this morning in my little shoes - not pleasant but then I felt worse for the dog haha!  And I had a telephone talk with our friends Monik and George in Medicine Hat yesterday ( it is their anniversary today) and they were at 22 degrees and outside in the yard - not fair!
We lost a bird Friday - actually it got out of the cage somehow - I discovered it in the window in the basement as I was walking out side and could not believe my eyes and was in shock to see it there. A frantic rescue attempt took place but I captured it in the basement and it was put back into the cage but during the night it died. I guess the experience was too much for it.  Pati you are right about your comments about having animals (your description of Amber and the kids and the animals) I too, feel the same way but somehow find myself in the middle of it regardless.
I feel sorry about your machine woes Pati and here I have a perfectly good machine sitting unused. (not accessible but unused haha) I was pleased though to hear of your sales at this showing - good for you. You should get your big machine soon and then you will be off and running. I was following the comments on your "leaves" piece and it seems the opinions are divided equally. So what will you do?
Well, the municipal elections are tomorrow and although we have already voted, I am anxious to see if the incumbent Mayor gets back in here in Sundridge, or his opponent. This person is our neighbour down the street and we are less than enamoured with him. 
Time for a bit of breakfast and then on with another day.  Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment