Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October 31 Hallowe'en

And it is pouring rain as was forecast. I just had the dog out for his first morning relief which is always the procedure we follow. The snow that was on the ground is melting away into puddles and as I imagined there is a pool of water at the front window. I removed the pump yesterday in preparation for the kids coming tonight. The downspouts are all working fine around the house, but we still get it pooling at the front. I will have to shovel it today to take the worst away. Perhaps this weather will deter the number of kids out in the street, but I still have to stand watch for a couple of hours and hand out our little bags to those who brave the rain. There will always be some! And the funny part is that my witch is propped up against a chair and when motion attracts her attention she bellows out obscenities. I wonder how she will react tonight? I can hardly wait to get her back into the storage shed again - there she can holler all she wants and I won't hear her. (actually I would rather get her down to the dump but that won't happen around here) 
This morning I am going over to visit Daisy and her son and daughter in law who are up from Toronto for a week. I made some of those fancy little cupcakes in my fancy machine, and bought some orange and black candy sprinkles to decorate the icing. Daisy seemed excited when I called to arrange the visit but I also know that she getting worse with her dementia, or maybe it is lack of stimulus where she lives in Toronto with them all working, even though they have a schedule worked out to either be with her or check on her. 
We are going shopping tomorrow this week instead of the usual Tuesday - Harry wants to catch some sales on Hallowe'en candy and figures WalMart or other stores will have it discounted for early Thursday morning. We also have a CPAP machine to take to his sister (she also uses one) which he got at the dump - Basically new in condition with all the parts so Donna said she would take it and have a look as they are so expensive as you know Pati.
I did manage to get to North Bay on my own Monday though, and did a bit of shopping - I had to help Willie with some things so went up. The drive was not pleasant as it was the day of the snow storm and with construction on that highway closing the four lanes down to two and then the snow ploughs riding tandem down the road, the conditions were poor, and travel slow and difficult. But I had on the Best of the 60's radio station and sang along with all my favourite hits. I always have to remember to change the channel though, back to "Willie's Roadhouse" before handing over the car haha!  I will have to make an appointment to get the tires changed to winter as well.
I have made an appointment to take Baillie to the Vet for his annual assessment and needles for next week.  You will remember the trouble I had last year with the Vet seeing him on an emergency basis because I did not take the animals regularly every year. The Vet basically reprimanded me saying he was a business and needed to know he had regular visits rather than assume he would see animals only when there was a need. I paid $200.00 extra for that tongue lashing as well !!  
So folks have a nice Hallowe'en... Boo to you all!
Hope all is well, Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment