Thursday, October 11, 2018

Two nice happenings this afternoon

After I voted I had to wait for about 10 minutes until 1 pm when the Library opened. I heard voices coming from the Seniors Room so stopped by and observed several women in various places with in the room busily working on projects including one lady seated at a huge quilting frame sewing away. I recognized several of the ladies as they did me,...." Oh, hello Elizabeth ....Come in..." and so I did. A nice conversation and an invitation to attend their gatherings - the Quilters Group - every Tuesday and Thursday (only $10.00  year) and bring anything I'd like to work on or join some of the others with what they are doing. It sounded interesting. I may think about it.....
And then after I got home, I received a phone call from the Parry Sound Court House to tell me my presence at Court Oct 22 was no longer needed, I confirmed by saying "so my obligation to attend is no longer required" to which I was told "yes, that is correct".... Yeah!!!!! Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket as I seem to be a recipient of good happenings and even more good news.
Anyway I had to order the books at the Library so now I wait until they come in. I look forward to starting to read - I ordered from the MonkeyWrench Series - first two books of P.J. Tracy.
Time to go... and have a cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment