Friday, October 26, 2018

Flu shot

A bit of budget left at the end of the month, so we were off this morning to buy a wine kit.  Our wine rack is more poorly stocked than it's been in years.  Then to Walmart to pick up pills.  Got my flu shot while I was there.  They make you stay in the store for about 15 minutes, just in case there is any sort of reaction.  I never worry about that as I've been taking the shot for over 20 years with no problems.  David reacts strongly to it, and no longer take it.  Well, today I reacted.  Within 5-10 minutes I was feeling dizzy, and a little fuzzy -brained.  We went into McDonald's so I could sit down, and it didn't really get any better.  After a bit, I only wanted to lie down, so we went back to the pharmacy, to let the pharmacist know what was happening, and to pick up my immunization card.

I'm still fuzzy-brained, and stagger a bit when I walk.  I've done nothing, for the most part, since.  This is scary.  

Since I went to the meeting last Thursday evening, I've been giving some thought to my wardrobe.  All of the ladies there were better dressed than I was.  My wardrobe has become too casual, and I definitely felt at a disadvantage there.  I'm really struggling with my weight right now, and certainly don't want to buy any clothes, but there are several pair of trousers that haven't been worn lately.  I've been spending time, trying to match them up with various t-shirts.  I realized that the other ladies were wearing knit shirts that were classier than a t-shirt, and those shirts appeared to have been purchased to match trousers--not jeans. Well, I tried that once and bought a very nice, pricier t-shirt, only to have it come out of the very first wash looking like a scrub rag.  So I'll stick to the shirts I have, for now.  But I think I'm going to try using the very nice sweaters that I own to create a better image.  This is all very egocentric, I know, but I hated being at a social disadvantage.

Beth, I hope you can find a place in the Thursday sewing group.  It's taking me a very long time to find a niche in the local quilters' guild, after being away for a few years.  But slowly, I feel as though I'm connecting.  This sounds like a smaller group, and you may start feeling comfortable more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment