Monday, October 1, 2018

"Tis Done.

My last commitment for shows and exhibitions.  I feel like a huge load is off my shoulders.  Now I have three months, more or. less, just to play, or do whatever I want in the studio.  We had to drive out to Selkirk for the third time in three days.  This time to the library there with a laundry basket full of reliquaries and boxes.  The display space was much smaller than I anticipated, but I was still able to leave 5 pieces there, for the next three months.

Yesterday, we were out there for the show opening for reception for my friend Judith's show, and we had a couple of moments to talk.  I mentioned that I felt there was no hope of selling anything, and she pointed out that it doesn't matter.  Your work and name is out there, and if nothing else, this will foster name recognition--always a good thing for an artist.  She has been a good support for me over the years, and I often think back to our first meeting.  It was in Sioux Narrows, at one of the big art shows there.  I think you may have been with me that day, Beth.  I was just starting out, and she spoke to me, recognizing that we both worked in fibre, but remarking that some formal art education  would always make a difference in how well  each of us would do.  I didn't take that well, at the time, but now see the validity in the comment.

Tomorrow we get the winter tires put on the car ( Ka-a-aching!)  We store the others at home, and I don't think David is looking forward to moving them around in the garage.  But we've found a new spot for them that won't require him lifting them over his head to a storage rack.  Don't know what we'll do with the storage rack though.

Now off to make supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment