Saturday, October 20, 2018

Much driving

The workshop yesterday was an exercise in frustration when I had to use my backup machine, as the other is still in the shop (see other blog).  The piece did get finished (with a little help from my friends), but it's a piece of rubbish and will never see the light of day.  But knowing it would never be good, allowed me to play with it a bit.  However, by the end of the day, problems with my backup machine ended with  the realization that it, too, needs servicing.  Ka-a-a-a-ching!  I was beside myself worrying about how I was ever going to get to the jobs that are lined up.

We were out to Pinawa, today, to pick up the show there, and I remembered that Amber had a machine, so phoned her, and arranged to borrow it.  ( two pieces sold!!) This meant leaving Pinawa and heading for Lorette rather than Winnipeg--a lot more driving.  Amber is not well, having been suffering from a deep chest-y cold for going on 3 weeks (off work).  She is being followed by her doctor, though.  A Good Thing.  They had to put one of their dogs down last Monday.  The writing has been on the wall for awhile, and this had been a consideration when they bought the new puppy a few weeks ago.  We didn't stay long, as they were trying to change the hamster's cage, under the supervision of all three cats, the new puppy, and with the hamster in his ball rolling all over the living room.  sometimes I'm glad that I don't have to worry about kids and pets anymore.

On the way home, I took a chance, and dropped into the shop where I have been waging a battle via voice mail and e-mail about  items I ordered and paid for last month, and have yet to receive.  She actually had everything that was paid for, and was waiting for two other items, not paid for, that were on back order. I don't care of they never come.

So my evening was spent watching "Dead Files"  out of the corner of my eye, while trying to figure out how Amber's machine could be made to do FMQ'g.  Answer: with great difficulty, but it can be done.  Enjoyed the dead files, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment