Sunday, October 28, 2018

So nice to hear from everyone

Especially nice to see Chloe's picture.  Sometimes I forget how special those simple activities can become, when a child is involved.  I missed a lot when my grandchildren were young.  Savour every minute, Cathy.

Nice to visit with neighbours, Beth.  We need to recognize the differences between us, and relish the diversity.  Having stated the"party line", I now wonder how many people understand the religious roots of Hallowe'en, in All Souls's night and All Saints Day, Nov.1st.  I always have quiet giggle when people say that Hallowe'en has become such a big holiday just because it's a secular event, and not associated with any religion.

Some "reversals of fortune", in the studio over the past couple of days, and I now need to re-think my current strategic plan for my studio work, in light of further physical challenges.  My bad shoulder will just not allow me to wrestle heavier pieces through the machine.  I now have no plan for the craft show at the end of the month.  We went through available stock, yesterday.  That took about 30 seconds. Now I wait for opportunity to knock, but I have at least one task that I can busy myself with, in a new teaching proposal.  I will spend some time developing, and fleshing out the actual class, just in case the proposal is accepted.

Today is my ATC group, but it looks like there won't be very many there.  There are two big art shows going on in the city, and most of the group are involved there.  I hope I'm not disappointed, as I need a lift right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment