Sunday, October 28, 2018

At loose ends...

Feel as if I cannot do anything right now and that leaves me a bit frustrated.  Oh, don't get me wrong as there probably is (a certainty for sure) a million and one things I could (or should) be doing but none of them interest me right now haha!  It snowed last night and promises to continue through out this morning if not the entire day.  That puts a damper on moving stuff around outside and preparing a bit for Hallowe'en.  There are two skeletons hanging from poles blowing in the wind and snow - looks a bit sad!
Yesterday a knock came to the door when I was in the middle of cleaning the stove and drawer beneath it - there was the family from down the street - father (carrying a big tray full of bags) and mother and three kids. They were going door to door as I had seen them at the door across the street before they came here. A fancy wrapped bag of two huge cookies was handed to me and smiles of delight on the kids faces. This is the religious family that I have entertained a few times in the yard. very friendly and nice and always greets me when they go by and I am out- she home schools the children, They had a note attached saying thank you for being our neighbours. I asked politely if the children would be out Wed night to which she replied "we do not recognize that event". So I did not give them a bag of candy each. The interaction and their thoughtfulness lifted my spirits a bit.
So now I better get off my butt and start to do something constructive - as Pati reminds us  "Just do something" and somehow when I heed that advice, it always seems to work for me.
Hope all is well with you folks. Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment