Thursday, October 11, 2018

What a great opportunity@

This group might give you a reason to get out and about during winter.  I definitely think it would be worth going a few times, just to find out if it is the right option for you.  You don't have anything to lose, in giving it a try, and the price is certainly right.  Makes me think about my vow to always accept opportunity when it knock, after spending so many years going in the opposite direction.  It only lasted a year, but it resulted in a sense of direction that has proven the right one--so far.

The drive to my fibre art group was a challenge.  Wind-driven sleet on leaving the house.  The meeting was out by Lower Fort Garry. I was almost ready to give up and head for home, by the time I got through that mess at Lagimodiere and the North Perimeter. But by the time I got to Garven Rd, the snow had ceased, and very quickly the highway became dry.  After that it was a smooth trip all the way.  Before coming home, we had watched the wet snow build up on the deck outside the room we met in, but again, within half a mile after leaving there, it was smooth sailing.  No, they didn't have any ideas about using the tassels, other than hanging them on the wall.  So they are now hanging from the board directly under the ceiling, in the studio, that holds up my flannel wall.

Very early this morning, we were off to our doctor, for a regular appointment.  We were surprised when we got in to see him within half an hour of getting there.  It appears that he has cut back on the number of early morning appointments he makes.  A good thing, in my opinion.  Turns out that we're both in very good shape for our ages.  Then, as is our habit, we went out for breakfast.  I had some A&W coupons, but haven't had breakfast there since the day we moved into this house--over 19 years ago.  An excellent traditional breakfast--eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, hash browns, and coffee.  Generous servings, and very nicely prepared.  The lady behind the counter even brought it to our table.

This afternoon, I made up some ATC's.  Yep, heard from that group again, and they plan to start meeting at the end of this month.  I had a few cut out quilted leaves left over from my striped panel project, so stitched them onto green hand-dyed fabric, then added a few beads, before attaching them to backing.  The perfect project for someone who had experienced a very short, and restless night.

Now, to start thinking about supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment