Monday, October 22, 2018

I took charge

I woke up this morning full of cold, and feeling miserable.  For some reason this made me want to take action.  I phoned the store where my big machine has been for three weeks, and actually got the owner on the line.  I asked him what was happening and if he had any idea when the part might come in.  We have a bit of a history, in this regard, as they once kept my machine for over 4 months waiting for parts, and when they finally arrived, he wanted to put it to the back of the line of machines that had been waiting.  He and David had words, about the ethical way of honouring work orders, and we have been treated well, every since.  He had no idea when they might be in, but said there would be no problem if I took the machine home while we waited.  At issue is the stop/start button on the machine, It's been very sluggish lately, but the whole small circuit board needs to be replaced, and it has to come from Japan.  Now, if the button actually fails, I can always use the foot pedal, and probably will, regardless.  We also priced rolling carts for my machine, something we need more and more as we age.  Price-y, but not really out of reach.

Then it was off to Walmart to sort out some problems with prescriptions.  Again we lucked in as the manager was on duty, and he made sure that faxes had been sent to the doctor for clarification, on a couple of things.

The only problem we ran into was that the traffic lights were out at Regent and Lagimodiere, and we were stuck in a middle lane heading east on Regent.  But, lo and behold, there were the police, and everything sorted itself out quickly.  By the time we headed home from Walmart, everything was working fine.

We had a very nice French Meat roll for supper, to use the last of the turkey. and I have had the ambition to start working on a couple of jobs in the queue in the studio.

All together, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment