Saturday, October 13, 2018

Today's the day

Loren is picking David up at 11:30, and they're off to the football game. There are gale force winds blowing, it poured rain all night, and is now snowing.  Who says that Macho posturing is only south of the border?  We were up and out of the hosue by 8:30, got the grocery shopping done and used another A&W coupon for breakfast.  Home by 9:30.  I had the A&W equivalent of the Tim Horton Breakfast biscuit, and found this to be much more filling, and no more expensive.  Four strips of hearty bacon! Add a bottomless cup of excellent coffee, and it made my day.

I plan to stay at home, although a trip out to Starbucks with my book in hand might  happen.  I'm reading a book that I really didn't expect to.  I can't put it down.  It's about two middle-aged people walking the Chemin de St. Jacques/ Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail in France/Spain.  While I haven't finished it yet, I'm pretty sure they end up together, so it could be called a bit of a romance, as well.

"The Chemin de St. Jacques, also known as the Camino de Santiago is a centuries old pilgrim route that ends in Santiago de Compostela on North West Spain.  Every year thousands of walkers- some devout, many not--follow the route.......a journey unlike any other"
   from Two Steps Forward" by Graeme Simson and Anne Buist

I had heard of this custom, but not in such detail as I'm getting from the book.  It may be about two people living through their own mid-life crisis, but I would certainly recommend it, even to people our age.

No comments:

Post a Comment