Wednesday, October 31, 2018

All over - I just closed up!

Total of 42 visitors - some small with parents, then bigger kids on their own, and then at the end, the older ones. I finally closed off the lights at 8:15 pm.  I was doubling the bags I gave away so that we would not have too much left over - good job I did and we still had a basket half full when all was said and done!  I checked our street and most of the houses were dark so it really is not welcoming for people to come down a cul de sac when there are only a few houses lit.  Oh my goodness- it is 8:45 pm and a loud knock at the door scared me - and 5 more small kids with parents and dogs waiting on the street. Why would they come so late to a house where the outside lights are off?
Anyway, I am now off to bed and glad it is over for another year! But on the good side, the weather stayed favourable all afternoon and throughout the evening, I managed to get a lot of yard work done as well this afternoon, so I am feeling happy - tired, but content. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment