Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Grab this day while you can...

Sunny and humid and 26 degrees - cannot believe it. But it is to be short lived  ie tomorrow it is supposed to start to cool down again with temps hovering around freezing at night. 
We went shopping today but this time to North Bay as Harry had to pick up an item at the auction he bid on over the weekend in Powassan. It was nice to get a different perspective from the usual Huntsville trips.
I decided to look for a winter coat as what I have is really shabby. What a find in Value Village. A gorgeous lime green colour with darker green lining and piping with a lining and hood and a zipper closure as well as buttons. And then a knitted hat in the same colour lime green and white, and a pair of mitts with the same colours. ( $10.49 plus $1.39 plus $1.00 = $12.88) I feel like a queen! Not that I want the snow to fly anytime soon so I will wash it, and then hang it up and wait patiently to wear it haha!
I watched the current The Quilt Show show last evening and really enjoyed the guest Susan Cleveland. In North Bay I quickly looked in Fabricland to see if they sold the dresdan plate template rulers that she demonstrated on the show, but of course they did not. Maybe just as well as I would likely not get at anything like that for ages, if ever. Next guest is Eleanor Burns and I shall look forward to that show for sure.
Thursday we will go to vote in the advanced polls and at the same time I shall go into the Library ( in same building) and see if I can order some of the books you have recommended Pati.  I am anxious to get into the reading mode again and wanting some tried and true stories to catch my attention.
So I better go and do something now - The day is almost over once you go shopping and then come home and put things away etc. 
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment