Wednesday, October 3, 2018

What a day

Lots of wet, heavy snow... power failure and me holding down the fort at work. Our office manager sent everyone home when the power had been off for half an hour and hydro couldn’t say when it would be back. I was the lucky winner of having to stay until closing time. I do get 2 1/2 hours off another day. I think I will ask for more since I had to work when the power finally came
back. I am asking for Christmas Eve. The office closes at 1:00pm but if we want the day off we have to use an entire day of holidays. I can use my banked time instead of a holiday and have the whole day without using an entire day of vacation. With the new system at work I am getting a lot of error reports. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I think that I have to hit enter before saving. I will ask someone tomorrow. Kris and sandi can’t come for thanksgiving. We are going to plan for another day. It is hard to Believe they have been married forv16 years!  And it is hard to believe that Kik is 43 years old. And me only 29!!!  We are not ready for winter. I got a lot of the garden cleaned off. Not hard to do when nothing grew, but coming home today in the storm it was hard to see our lane. Jim puts markers along the edge of the drop off on the lane but they are not in yet. He promises he will do it soon. I think the last of the potato driving is done. They still have about 140 acres to do but the weather has not cooperated. They can make a crop insurance claim but it is not as good as bringing the crop in. I don’t remember if I told you that chicken delight in town closed. Jean had been fighting with the company for almost two years to get a contract and lease agreement and finally gave up. I think she is happier without the stress but I am not sure about her franchise. They must owe her something. Anyway.  Long day.... too much stress. I need a hot bath and off to bed. Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment