Monday, October 15, 2018

Library Books

Surprise today to get a call from the Library to say the two books I ordered on Thursday afternoon arrived today - I rushed right up to pick them up. These were the two P.J.Tracy books. Each came from a different source as well - one from Parry Sound and one from North Bay - so they were close by.  So I have some good reading ahead of me.
I was able to do a bit of work outside this morning before the rains came but it was so miserable - windy and cold that i never went out again Instead I did some cutting of hexagons in preparation to attending the Quilt group at the Seniors Room on Thursday morning.  I shall take them to baste onto paper - this way it is simple work and will allow me to observe people and routine. Always a bit scary to go to something new but hey, why not - take advantage of the opportunity and see where it goes. At least that is Pati's recommendation - I hope I can follow through! Wish me strength, haha!  As well as the hexis I also kept at my knitting of the scarf I started to go with the new coat and hat. I started with the very weird wool as I had mentioned might not work, but the further I got the easier it got.  I have only three skeins of this kind and colour ( from the bags and boxes of wool that have accumulated into my stash from garage sales, dump etc... etc.)
Now I look forward to starting a new book before lights out. Today life is good. Lets see what tomorrow brings.... Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment