Thursday, July 11, 2019

Almost missed it!

Started watching The Last Homely House this morning, got a few minutes in, and left it, as I'm not fond of videos of her cooking.  I probably wouldn't have gone back except for your comments, Beth.  We've got to find that recipe!  Who wouldn't want a cake like that? Although I'm not sure what her son thought of it.

Another day spent in the studio.  The last lesson in my workshop has been released, and most of it was stuff I already knew, but I did spend time making fabric according to her directions.  I can post something on the forum tomorrow, and it's done.  I've been looking for similar stuff on the internet ( not looking too hard, though) and found the lady on one of the blogs I follow talking about a new book written by her friend, Maria Shell.  We've seen this woman's work on The Quilt Show, and I was impressed then, following her blog ever since.  I checked the book out on Amazon and found it for a really good price, with free shipping, from California, so ordered it.  I think I may get more out of the book than I did out of the workshop.

Today was the first time, in my memory, that Winnipeg has been under a tornado watch. It's been quite hot, muggy and windy all day, but relatively quiet now.  The sky is not bad above us, but quite dark to the South.  Not much I can do about it, in any case.  How are you making out Cathy?  I believe you were under the same watch this afternoon.  Any sign of moisture?

No comments:

Post a Comment