Sunday, July 28, 2019

wet hearing aids

Once, with my first hearing aid, it stopped working and I took it in, only to be told that it had moisture in it.  They sent it away for some sort of treatment--not guaranteed to work, and it came back working just fine.  But, you're right--moisture inside is not good for them.

My braces are working well.  There has been no knee pain while wearing them for the last three days.  However, the lower leg portion is quite tight, and last night, when I took them off, there was a large ( 1 1/2" by 3/4") blister on my right shin, and a large area covered with either tiny blisters or pimples around my left leg.  Both are diminished this morning, but I'm thinking of giving them a break today.

There was a long article in yesterday's Free Press about the effect of Aphid poop on the city.  Evidently there is a major infestation, and nothing that can be done about it.  The little buggers are targeting  American Elms, so neighbourhoods like River Heights, St James, and Riverview are having major problems.  One can wash it off, that's all that can be done.  Late yesterday David went to Canadian Tire to buy some detergent to use with his power washer, and they were sold out.  Wonder Why?

Since we can't really sit outside anymore, I started working my way through the Maria Shell book.  Worked like a fiend, then realized I was doing it wrong, so dropped everything and went for coffee.  For most of the rest of the day I read the book "Holy Sister" by Mark Lawrence.  This is the last in a three part series that must be read in order--"Red Sister", "Grey Sister", and "Holy Sister".  Now this is going to sound insane, but it's about  a Warrior Nun, on a fantasy planet, that is being slowly frozen under a dying sun. It's fairly brutal, and quite bizarre, but he makes his characters very human in their emotions and relationships.  I had a little trouble getting into the first one, but then couldn't put it down.  Neither could I put down the others.  I have been waiting so impatiently to get this one, and will be very sorry to see it end--which should be some time this morning, as I read last night until I couldn't see straight.

Today it's back to the studio, although there will be time for coffee and sorting out my shopping list and bills, getting ready for pay day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment