Sunday, July 21, 2019

Cathy’s weekend

Yesterday Jean, Jim’s sister, catered a school reunion and I helped her. She prepared all the food but I was the “runner” bringing out the food from the cooler and replenishing the bowls. We ran out of food anyway. They were big eaters. And big drinkers. The bar at the legion was very happy. I ended up doing all the cleaning up so I was pretty tired when I got home. Jim put on a movie and I know I saw the end but I barely remember it. Today was the legion golf tournament and Jim lasted the whole day. I was so excited. I haven’t hit a golf ball in two years (as if I golf regularly 😜) and on the hole for the closest to the pin I actually hit onto the green!!  There was only one team following us and wouldn’t you know it. One of them beat my distance. They didn’t give the measurement so I don’t know how close I came. I do know it was my best golf shot ever. It was a good day. Not to hot, no wind, and Jim lasted the whole day. I can tell he is really tired though. We are outside and he is in his lounger with his eyes closed. A good day all around even if he does nothing tomorrow. And tomorrow the heat comes back again. Sometimes I really wish we had air conditioning. Normally it is only a couple of days a year but we have had some really long hot stretches this year. If only we could save it and bring it out in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment