Sunday, July 28, 2019

Ask, and ye shall have.....

RAIN!  And it came down heavy but not for long. It was a thunderstorm that came through last evening - very loud, but also very wet! Thank goodness. But also a bit of a pain to control the water and i was out getting soaked until i could get the drain bypass set up to work. Still i had to pump as well. it was all said and done by midnight. I just had the dog out for his morning event, and all is damp but not overly soaked. The barrels are full.
Yesterday we went out to the lot on Lake Bernard of Harry's cousin - the lot and trailer we check all the time because he lives near Burlington. While I was in North Bay Friday, they dropped in unexpected to see us and Harry was alone - so he said we would visit them Sat. He has a new lady now who I met for first time, and a new trailer ( over the years we have witnessed his fifth wheel deteriorate from weather and lack of attention to point it is now collapsing and rotten.) It was a nice break - I had Bailey in the water for just a bit ( I just rolled my pant legs up to wade in a bit) - he walked in but quickly ran out but I think he liked it and may come to like it more if we continue to take him there?
Today is laundry and vacuuming. I actually got the bird cages cleaned yesterday but now need to complete the vacuuming. At least i will not have to water the garden and yard .....yeah!
Take care. ps I had my hearing aids in when i was out trying to divert the water and they got a bit wet - I dried them off best i could so hope I did not damage them??

No comments:

Post a Comment