Thursday, July 11, 2019

The fickleness of rain

Yesterday we did get some rain. We got just under an inch. Neepawa, four miles north, got 2 1/2 inches. Today, we were under another watch but I watched the clouds go south. I just finished watering the garden and flowers. It was over 38c with the humidex today. It is still about 32c in the house. I am sitting outside. It will be a while before I can go in to bed. I was so hot making supper that I think I was a bit out of it. At least Jim ate but I have so many leftovers. He thinks he wouldn’t mind eating something and then just picks at it. Our one freezer is making some very scary sounds right now. I am not sure how much longer it will last but it is at least as old as my kids so it owes nothing. I will just have to replace it right away as it has a lot of stuff in it. And, now that the garden is watered and I am relaxing I can hear thunder. Doesn’t look like it will produce rain though. We have had a couple of feeds of new potatoes now. Probably every night from now on so that they get used and not wasted. We have signed up for the legion golf tournament on the 21st. Rodney says he will hit the balls for Jim once he gets worn out but at least he can drive the cart and participate. Who knows.... he might be well enough to golf.  It sure is taking a long time to recover.  He got a call from his friend today.  Jim had called him to say he just wasn’t up to going to the Minnedosa fun fest this year, but he never heard back. Today he got a call... Stef has been in the hospital for two weeks with a broken hip!  Couple of invalids!  Time to sit back and listen to the thunder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment