Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Please let it be true....

I just spent what felt like an eternity watering the entire yard and garden - everything is so dry. If it is to rain I shall go out and dance in the midst of it with great happiness haha!.
The house is humid again not only with the temperatures but also with all the dehydrating being done here over the last few days. And the fans are going still.  And I just got an email from Hydro telling me the bill for July will be reconciliation time and that they have reduced the monthly payment for next year - I shall have to call to increase it as I always want a bit of a buffer especially with the heaters in the greenhouse starting end of Jan and going full tilt into Spring. So much usage and of course, the costs go up monthly as a result. I managed to clean up more of the flower pots yesterday - spent most of the day doing it but happy with results - actually I am sure no one would notice a difference, but I do! Now if my plan works, and I am able to implement it over the winter, it should make things easier for me come Spring when I am called upon to respond and bring forth the pots immediately!  So I shall plan the winter snow shoveling to accommodate my set up. I also plan to set up the roof with ladders ready to shovel off snow as it comes - hopefully then in Spring I shall not have the leaking and disaster I experienced this past Spring. It seems all too much for me to worry about especially at this time of year.  Lotto Max draw tonight so maybe I should just expect to win BIG and solve all my issues haha!
I have a craving for French Fries -  do not know where to get some close - there is a stand in South River - the next town - but not fussy about going there. A new fancy truck affair just set itself up at the corner Variety Store so I am thinking my dream may come true - the lady at the counter said it should be up and running soon - the Fire dept are coming tomorrow to inspect and if pass, the owner should be good to go. I shall let you know. I always think of the time we stopped at that Chip Stand on the way to the Lake Pati - close to the Lake turnoff if I remember right, and so delicious!!
Time for bed and reading _ I shall soon be finished this Hugo Marston book - so exciting to read- this author is really good.
Just heard on the news about the awful Carbon Monoxide disaster at a Motel in West End with over 50 people transported to various hospitals around Winnipeg - terrible to think about and some in critical condition. I expect there will be a real concern and lots of follow up with this situation.
Take care folks.... keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment