Thursday, July 18, 2019

And what have the Findlays been doing?

Yesterday we saw the doctor.  I don't think he was too happy to see the forms that David passed along from DVA, but he will fill them out when he can.  After seeing both of us and listening to us complain about old age, he gave both of us prescriptions for knee braces.  Our appointments were for early morning, as they usually are, but we are also used to a bit of a wait, so have learned to buy two hours of parking rather than just an hour.  However we were first in, and out again in less than half an hour.  This meant that no other services in the building were open, and we would have had to wait over 2 hours, so we came home and then went in this morning with our prescriptions.  While there I saw they type of over toilet armrest that I had wanted, so picked them up as well.  David couldn't be fitted, so he now has an appointment next week when an orthotist will be available to help with the fitting.  I was fitted with my two braces, and off we went.  Next stop was Starbucks, where I waited while David went grocery shopping.  By the time I had ordered my coffee, I could feel the braces slipping down, so visited the washroom where I re-positioned them and tightened them as much as possible.  They were slipping again before I got back to my seat.  By the time we got home, they were down around my ankles.  I now have an appointment with the orthotist as well.

Then we had to attach the toilet armrests to the toilet in the basement.  This was challenging, and lots of bad words were said.  Finally we reached a point where screws were called for.  Can't find the screws.  Finally David heads for the garage where he thinks he has some screws that will work.  I headed up stairs to make lunch.  Cleaned up all the packaging from the toilet armrests, and started filling the dishwasher, when I tripped over the package of screws.  The David announced that he was all pooped out and finished for the day.

While David had been shopping, he found eggs for $1.50/ doz, and, of course, had to buy 2 dozen.  I now have 3 dozen eggs in the fridge.  But we did hard boil some of the older ones, although I'm not sure how fast we'll eat those either.

But--ta da-- the book I ordered with an estimated delivery date from England of the third week in August, arrived this morning.  So I have some amusements for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment