Monday, July 22, 2019

Cathy’s Monday

Let us bring new meaning to the term stiff and sore. I just kept going today and my muscles eased up. Jim did lots today too.  Mowed part of the lawn (Carrie Wayte saw him working and came over with her lawn tractor again. It is twice as big and twice as fast as ours) He primed the garden pump, took a mouse nest out of the engine of the old car (Yes, mask and gloves were involved) and tried to keep the garden tractor running. We finally admitted we need a new battery BUT, it seems Carrie’s son works at NAPA and she gets a family discount. Next time she hits town she is taking our old battery in and getting a new one. Some neighbours are really great. Jean dropped in today and offered me $40 for helping on Saturday. I told her I didn’t do it for money, I did it cause we were family and she started to cry. I didn’t realize how alone she felt. My bad ☹️  She did give us some of the leftover ham so my meals are planned for a while. Jim picked up some cheese at the colony today and came back with 1/2 an ice cream pail of strawberries. Some for supper and the rest in the freezer. Now I am just sitting outside. It is a bit cooler now but the forecast is for another two weeks of heat😥. If it weren’t for the grasshoppers life would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment