Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Didn't know what to do with myself

But I figured out a way to keep sewing.  I have booked a table at an Artisans' Market in Selkirk for August 15th.  I'll actually be sharing two tables with my friend Gail, as we figure she will fill a table and a half and I get the other half.  So, today I get to take a good look at what stock I have lying around, and decide if I have to make more.  I had been slowly working on a couple of things for the sale I usually participate in around the beginning of December--the one where I never sell anything but have a great time socializing and eating, and look forward to every year.  I need to find some small gold sparkly silk leaves to go in my little silk beaded pouches, but can use small pink rosebuds in the mean time.

A nasty thunder storm moved through yesterday morning.  I got up just as it was starting, as I had to go out to Selkirk for a meeting at 10:00.  The wind was terrible, almost blowing the rain sideways.  Power was out for a good part of the city, for awhile.  Both David and I were worried about what highway driving would be like, but by the time I had to leave everything had calmed down and the drive was pretty well smooth sailing.

Our supper was at A&W.  We had another coupon book.  Still have a few coupons left.  The savings are minimal, but it is a good excuse to eat out  once in awhile.

So, down to the studio for awhile and then off to an appointment with the audiologist later this afternoon.  We saw her a couple of weeks ago, and were given the task of wearing our hearing aids all day every day for two weeks to see if we had communication issues or if buying new aids would improve things.  I'm really not sure if that question has been answered

No comments:

Post a Comment