Friday, July 19, 2019

Like the pan....

My little tart pans are nor nearly as nice as yours....Now I ask, is there a special reason for making these tarts? My usual habit has been to make a batch at Christmas and then eat them....but no reason to make any other time of year even as a special treat for me. I have on occasion bought a container of cheese, though, just to eat when i saw the price on sale. And not only the appearance has changed in the packaging, but the size has diminished as well. Let me know how you make out Pati - and will you make the filling with lemon or lime juice?
I enjoyed the get together yesterday at Ruth's inspite of some communication barriers as it seemed that they all just naturally slipped into speaking Dutch frequently especially since she received many telephone calls while we relaxed on the patio outside and her one sister made calls as well. What I appreciated more in sitting there and having the opportunity to watch, was the dynamics of the family relationship which I find fascinating. What do you think someone sitting with all of us when we are together would think about our dynamics????
A bit of rain last night but again not enough to fill the barrels so I expect I may have to water. Harry will be off to the "biggest garage sale in Sundridge and area" this morning. The Almaguin Pet Rescue always have a sale this time of year as a fund raiser and it always proves to be a winner! I will stay home haha!
The weather continues to be unbearable especially for Harry as he has difficulty with the humidity and breathing etc. So we tend to sit a lot on our nice patio area and just enjoy a bit of breeze once in awhile. But today i must plant some perennials and herbs. The Home Hardware finally put the last of their plants out for FREE and lucky Harry was first in line. Some nice fern plants , and parsley but also some licorice plants and salvia which I must plan to put in special areas. My Caraway plants are seeding now and apparently I must put bags over the seeding flowers to collect the seeds?? Cathy do you know what I should do??
Now for my cereal - I could not resist myself so picked some red currants the last two days and have cleaned them and put them in my cereal - delicious. I have decided NOT to make jelly this year - too much left over from past years. So I am happy to be using some of the fruit anyway and the rest I will let the birds have.
So as Friday comes again, I hope your weekend will be fun for you all, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment