Sunday, July 14, 2019

Make no plans...

Yesterday turned out to be a different day from that which was planned - maybe a good thing to be able to go with the flow once in awhile?  The laundry basket remained sitting in the middle of the floor ignored until I moved it late in the day - still dirty!
We walked with the dog in the South River park which I have mentioned before is a favourite walk. Then over to the newly opened Food trailer set up at the local variety Store - to be opened officially at 11 am . The line up was already anxious to try it out, apparently. I stayed home and set up our little table outside while Harry went back and did the honours of getting the food. My craving for French Fries was satisfied and as an extra, we each had a hamburger with the works. We shall never go there again - the old saying "bin there, done that" will suffice!! 
So not to be totally bummed out, after a few hours we went to the Ice Cream stand set up down near the Lake. We each had a great cone with specialty Ice cream piled high. This was welcomed and for sure we shall be returning there again, over the course of the summer. Nothing done at home all day, but I took a page from Pati, and sat outside and sewed hexigons for my quilt still in progress. It was glorious to just sit and enjoy and bonus to get about thirty of the little devils sewn onto paper. I guess I shall pay for the day today, because that darn laundry basket still awaits some attention.  And the expected bit of rain did not materialize overnight so I think the hose shall be in my hand for a few hours today to get the garden watered.  But I feel refreshed today so that is all that matters - little things mean a lot, right?  Take care folks, and I hope you are enjoying the weekend also. And apparently another bonus - the Bombers won again!

No comments:

Post a Comment