Sunday, July 28, 2019

Another weekend over

you’d think since I have retired weekends wouldn’t mean much but they still do. Yesterday we met Kris, Sandi and Chloe at spruce woods. They were camping there and we went there for the day. Had a really good time. I ended up at the beach without my hat, bathing suit or towel but played anyway. Jim has gone back to get a park pass and all my stuff was in the car. When he came back he left the car in a parking lot near their campsite and walked to the beach. By then I had been sitting on the wet sand making holes full of “muck”. It turns out Auntie Kik is a very good hole digger and I am very good at mixing the sand and water in the hole and making muck. We met with chloe’s approval. After lunch (Kris made some really good kabobs!) we walked over to the interpretive centre and dug for “artifacts” in the sand. And fondled furs and they even took the green snake out of his cage so we could touch him. Jim hung in the whole day but he was pretty beat by the time we got home. He has been feeling so much better this last week. Maybe he is finally recovering. Today was cool and windy. I took advantage of the lack of heat and did some yard work. Tomorrow should be cooler too so I can continue. The rest of the week is going to be hot again. I think I will do some inside cleaning too while it is cooler. It gets so hot in the house even when I close all the windows and blinds early. Jim is watching Dirty Dancing but since I think I have it memorized I am going to go to bed and curl up with a book that I have read before. That way I don’t have to concentrate on it😜

No comments:

Post a Comment